Did I miss a discussion on the Top 100? I looked back and did a search and couldn't find a topic.
LA has some interesting inclusions.
1. Manresa, Los Gatos, CA 102.06
2. The French Laundry, Yountville, CA 101.94
3. Alinea, Chicago, IL 101.34
4. Per Se, New York, NY 101.19
5. Town House, Chilhowie, VA 100.91
6. Masa, New York, NY 100.76
7. Urasawa, Beverly Hills, CA 100.73
14. Saam at the Bazaar, West Hollywood, CA 98.46
23. Providence, Los Angeles, CA 96.71
26. Spago, Beverly Hills, CA 96.51
58. Patina, Los Angeles, CA 94.56
70. Matsuhisa, West Hollywood, CA 94.15
81. Totoraku, West Los Angeles, CA 93.75
82. The Bazaar, West Hollywood, CA 93.68
94. Red Medicine, West Hollywood, CA 93.24
98. Cut, Beverly Hills, CA 93.19
98. Nishimura, West Hollywood, CA 93.19
I included the top 5 for interest + Masa because of Masa's former LA connection. But when you look at the complete list it is very NYC centric and it seems very "old". A lot of names that appear year in and year out and almost nothing of new, cutting edge places. Yes Momofuku made the list (and not just one, but all three Momos in NYC), but my guess is only because it is in NY. Since there is not one restaurant in all of TX or GA, one in FL, two in WA, would Momofuku made the list had they been in Atlanta, Dallas, Denver, Miami or God forbid, Fargo?
What of the LA list?