Two newish food trucks in the Seattle area - Maximus/Minimus and Marination.
Maximus/Minimus: Permanently (?) in a parking lot on the corner of Pike and 2nd - can't miss it, it's an airstream trailer converted into a giant metal pig! The same folks who own Beecher's cheese, own this new truck. The menu is short, and each item has a maximus (spicy) or minimus (sweet) option. No seats.
- Pulled pork sandwich. We tried the maximus sauce, which is nice, but really not hot. Order it with some "hurt" if you want spice. You can add cheese (grated, too mild to taste) to the sandwich which comes on a ciabatta-like roll.
-Coleslaw. We tried the maximus version, which was nice, but not spicy. Cilantro, etc. Sort of an asian vibe.
- Veggie chips. Slices of beets, sweet potatoes, greenbeans, etc. These were really soggy and greasy. Otherwise, a nice concept.
- Drinks: Hibiscus nectar (minimus) or ginger lemonade (maximus). I had the GL, which was really nice and refreshing.
I'd go back, but I wouldn't wait in the 50 person + line I saw there a couple Fridays ago!
Marination: New Hawaiian/Korean/Mexican fusion truck. We caught it at the Shell station at Broadway and Pike last Friday evening. There's no where to sit or even to really stand to eat, FYI.
- Spam musubi. LAME. Rice to spam ratio was way off (should have been like 3x as much rice) and the whole thing was pre-made and refrigerated, served cold. They should make these to order (it takes about 1 min).
- Kimchee rice bowl + kalbi beef. Kimchee fried rice (too salty), plus kimchee, plus a fried egg (beautiful, but yolk half-hard), plus small strips of kalbi beef. This was a total salt bomb. If they'd just put plain white rice in there it would have been fine, but with the kimchee fried rice as a base, it was difficult to eat. I didn't finish it.
- Kalua pork quesidilla. We liked this one a lot. It had a nice spicy creamy sauce drizzled on it and the pork was nice and flavorful. We'd get this one again.
We didn't get to order the korean tacos or spam sliders...maybe next time!
Anyone else tried these trucks out? Any other favs?