Hello, I'm planning to purchase some stuff to carry on a 14 hour transatlantic flight. It'll take at least a day after this for all these food items to get to their final destination. Also, since meat is not allowed, Katz's Pastrami is not an option. Stuff from Despana and the Italian stores famous for their Pastas among other things is also not going to be to their taste. Taking all this into consideration, I've thought of the following:
1. Levian: Chocolate Walnut and Oatmeal Rasin
2. Laudree: Macaroons. Not sure about the flavors. I was thinking Vanilla, Rose, Pistachio, Lemon, Raspberry, ??
3. Balthazar: Sticky Bun
4. Amy's Bread; Semolina Rasin
5. Dominique Ansel: DKA (though I did think that this was a little too sweet) and Cannelle (which was phenomenal)
6. La Maison Du Chocolat: The fruit and nut bar and maybe give the chocolate macaroon a shot
7. Fox's U-bet egg cream chocolate syrup
I'll add some chocolates (maybe Kees, Jacques Torres) to this.
Anything else that I could add (or should remove)? I would like some Japanese/Chinese/Thai/Vietnamese soups and noodles that they one make without a lot of hassle. Something where you could throw the major flavor providers in a pot/wok and chop and add some veggies and cook everything. Obviously, this will not be great but as long as it's good, I can live with it :) But I'm not sure what brands, etc., if any, are good for this.