Had the Restaurant Week lunch today at the Federalist. Perfect service and atmosphere, and I was impressed that they didn't skrimp on using premium ingredients in the special menu. Enjoyed the meal immensely.
Here were the menu choices (not sure if they'll be changing over the course of the week though.) Pardon the simplistic descriptions.
- Clam chowder with oysters
- Salad with fresh goat cheese
- Gazpacho with fresh lobster
- Grilled steak w/potatoes and wine reduction (huge portion,nice crust on the steak, and beautiful sauce and glaze)
- Scallops & mussels in light broth (subtle herb flavors, excellent and tender scallops but only 2 of them!)
- Roast chicken (looked good)
- Chocolate "flight" (3 chocolate desserts -- a chocolate ice cream with cherries, a confection made of white chocolate, grand marnier etc., and a dark chocolate cake)
- Trio of fruit sorbets.
by Amy Schulman | As Americans hunker down in their homes to practice social distancing, you may be wondering how you...
by Brittany Loggins | The change of seasons, no matter what else is going on, always makes us want to freshen things up...
by James Park | Spicy silken tofu soup, often called soondubu jjigae, is one of the most beloved soups in Korean cuisine...
by Hana Asbrink | Welcome to Chowhound's Table Talk podcast, where Executive Editor Hana Asbrink chats with some of...