Lately, my husband and I have been completely addicted to this roasted chickpea recipe (adapted from this one: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2011/05/..., which was adapted from The Bon Appetit Cookbook). Chickpeas shrink a bit when roasted, and while they don't brown that much, the flavor does somehow get richer and more satisfying.
GARLIC ROASTED CHICKPEAS WITH TOMATOES & MINT
3 cans (45 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 T. olive oil
2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
Ground chipotle chile
Ground black pepper
1½-2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
¾ cup fresh mint, chopped
¾-1 cup feta, crumbled
• Preheat oven to 400F.
• Place chickpeas in a large mixing bowl.
• Add olive oil, garlic, and chile, cumin, salt, and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Toss thoroughly to combine.
• Spread chickpeas on a roasting pan or large baking dish.
• Roast 15-18 minutes. Remove when they are hot and barely beginning to crisp on top.
• While chickpeas are roasting, combine cherry tomatoes and mint in serving dish.
• Zest and juice the lemon; add to the tomatoes and mint.
• When chickpeas are done roasting, let cool for 5 minutes, then spoon into serving dish.
• Stir in crumbled feta. Season with more salt and fresh ground black pepper if desired.
• Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 2 main course or 4 to 6 side servings.
Please share YOUR favorite chickpea recipe!