Henry's, Upper West Side Manhattan, NYC, NY - A Modern American Bistro on Broadway, comfortable and non-pretentious interior and service.
Appetizers and soups
* Calamari - Passable, with a pleasant ancho chili aioli.
* Corn Chowder - With Shrimp, Chicken, and Bacon. Tasty, but thinner then expected the comment was "I would call it more of a soup then a chowder"
* Roast Duck Breast - With cabbage, sweet potatoes, and fig-port reduction. Wonderfully cooked duck breast, one dinner expressed "Don't you just want to have sex with it?". I did!
* Braised Lamb Shank - With creamed spinach and truffled wild mushroom risotto. Flavorful and fork tender lamb shank with the best creamed spinach that I have EVER had, it was light and fresh without being overly heavy and over cooked as so many are. I love creamed spinach and this was a wonderful surprise.
* Roast Horseradish Crusted Salmon - With beets, fingerling potatoes, and a roasted tomato froth. Perfectly cooked fish, horseradish was prominent without being overbearing, froth was rich and flavorful.
* Warm Chocolate Cake - Tender, moist, very flavorful, with a almond flavored ice cream accompaniment. A wonderful rendition.
* Apple Tart - When looking at this my assumption was that it would be lacking, yet it has a surprisingly strong apple flavor with a tender and flaky crust.
* Caramelized Lemon Tart - A great lemon tart brought to the next level by a light brulee top.
This was a wonderful meal, everyone that ate loved their food. I can even forgive that the server forgot to bring us bread at the beginning of the meal. To be completely honest, I would go back again for no other reason then the creamed spinach.