General Discussion

Different English Creams, Plus a Sugar Question


Live your best food life.

Sign up to discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or cookbook in the largest community of knowledgeable food enthusiasts.
Sign Up For Free
General Discussion 13

Different English Creams, Plus a Sugar Question

MMRuth | Dec 10, 2007 05:17 AM

Some new English cookbooks I have refer to various different creams - whipping cream, single cream, double cream and I'm trying to figure out what to use here in the U.S. instead. Thought I'd seen a recent thread on this subject, but couldn't seem to find it.

I was about to ask questions about this, but this seems like a good resource:

Also, I had thought that "caster sugar" was the English term for American "granulated sugar", but that appears not to be the case:

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound