Hello everyone! I would like to share my favorite dish from my home cuisine
Eggplant ragout with ground beef bolognese :
3 Tomatoes(1 for garnish)
1 Green pepper (for garnish)
1 Med onion
4 Clove garlic
3 Huge eggplants
1 lb 80/20 fat ground beef
4 tbs tomato paste pinch of oregano, b. pepper, salt, cumin
2 tbs tomato paste
1. Peel the eggplants and slice them 1/2 inches thick, let it rest inside salted water for 15 mins (to get the bitter taste out)
2. Chop the onions, tomatoes and garlic finely
3. Dry the eggplants and deep fry them, if you like to go healty you can steam them or use a toaster to cook them half way.
4. Saute the onions with garlic, add the ground beef and tomato paste. after paste is cooked add the tomatoes and some water. let it reduce a little bit.
5. Set your eggplant in a oven tray and lay the sauce on top evenly
6. Cook it at least 20mins but if you have time 35-40mins is the best. Enjoy!
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Jen Wheeler | Need to know how to use fresh herbs before they go bad? We've got some ideas, including easy ways...
by Toniann Pasqueralle | This year, from September 21 to October 6, the world is celebrating Oktoberfest. To most (myself included...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.