please PLEASE don't turn this into a discussion of ethnicity or nationality. but I have been thinking about the way different cultures eat food. Our world is diverse, but we become more and more globalized. Is there an "effective" way of eating?
I see several major themes
1. The hand....probably the most efficient but sometimes messy
2. the hand with a "scoop" of some sort (think pita bread).fine if the food is precut
3. Chopsticks..great if the technique is perfected, I suppose, but so hard to learn and still very small portions at once.
4. Fork.European style (left hand always) Faster and especially good for meats, but does it work for veggies and soft foods?
5. Fork. American style(shifting from left to right hand). Slower, perhaps cumbersome to learn, but good for scooping up foods.
Not sure which is "best" or even preferred, except by upbringing.
by Amy Schulman | There is no shortage of cheap wine in this world, but if you want good cheap wine, there are a few...
by Jen Wheeler | Is there anything more perfect than a steamy bowl of soup to fortify you on a bone-chilling winter...
by Patty Lee | The pastry case at a French bakery can hold a dizzying array of baked goods. There are breads, cakes...