I recently baked a chocolate cake with a malted chocolate frosting. The taste was very good, but unfortunately the cake was extremely dry (I substituted buttermilk with a milk/yogurt mixture). Eating the cake as is isn't worth the calories. In the spirit of not being wasteful, I don' want to throw out this cake, and wanted suggestions on how to salvage this disaster. I was thinking soaking the cake in syrup/liquer for a trifle or layering it into parfait, but would love to hear your suggestions.