I have a very expensive bottle of Armagnac that has been stored in its original box, unopened - in a wine cellar for over 10 years. Today i decided to open it -- and discovered a break in the original cork -- which has leaked brandy out slowly for the past 10 years. About 1/4 of the bottle is gone due to leak or evaporation.
My nose does not pick up any foul smelling bacteria -- but this obviously has been exposed to air for some time. Color and clarity is OK -- taste is slightly flat from what I would expect. Maybe not the best for sipping but could be used in other ways.
Any risk of health related contamination?