A few of us hit Downtown Flames this week, each getting different burgers. The general findings were that:
- bread was really tasteless and dry
- prefab frozen beef patties (costco?) lacked taste
- fries, while fresh cut, were not crispy at all and unevenly salted- pretty similar to In and Out
- quality of lettuce (shredded taco-style) and tomatoes was very poor
- extremely disorganized- got many folks' orders wrong
- very skimpy with ketchup (2 packets by default?!! and very reluctant to give more for a burger and fries)
If you're looking for a much better burger and fries, head over to Bistro Burger in the little alley only two blocks away. The quality is at least 2x and the price is only $1 more.