I'm almost another year older and another year swankier. Mr. Swank and I are planning my birthday meal, and we have several contenders. For reference, I've enjoyed prior birthday outings at Coppa, Craigie, Oleana, Strip T's, and Pescatore (before it began a downward slide). I love weird, funky, spicy foods ... the weirder the better, really. We've enjoyed Hungry Mother, ExNe, Toro, and Sarma lately.
Here's what's on our list:
1. Ribelle: I've heard exceptionally mixed things, but it seems to be the rage right now.
2. Row 34: Menu looks fun and more varied than at ICOB. However, I have never been blown away by ICOB...
3. Sycamore: People absolutely love it here. This is probably our top choice, except I'm not sure that it fits the "funky/spicy" prerequisite.
4. Sarma: Fits the funky/spicy desire, except I've been several times already and it's a bit too casual for a special night out.
5. Shanghai Social Club: I dunno -- I'm curious?
6. Bronwyn: We're both longtime fans of TW Food. But I'm not a huge sausage-phile. Is there enough to sate me?
7. Kirkland Tap and Trotter: Because we love Craigie on Main. Again, though, I'm wondering if it's quite casual.
Enlighten this old Swank, whippersnapping Hounds.
Updated 7 months ago | 16
Updated 4 months ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 11
Updated 2 years ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 3