I am looking to finalize a few places for 4 hungry hounds over the new year weekend and would appreciate help in finalizing my list. We will have a car so accessibility should not be an issue. The selection criteria in the order of preference is as follows,
1. Deliciousnessssss...... (Off course ;-))
2. Big bold flavors that I have often found in Indian, Mexican, Southwestern n Cajun cuisine.
3. Adventurous - Open to offal, creepy, crawly creatures.
4. Cuisines that are not readily available everywhere, so I guess american, italian, french are out.
Based on what I have discovered so far, here is what I have,
1. Korean - Honey Pig or Gom Ba Woo
2. South American - Llajtaymanta, Luzmila's Cuisine or La Caraquena
3. Vietnamese - Minhs, Present, Four Sisters or Bay Lo
4. Because it sounds so unique - The Latin Dim Sum brunch at Cafe Atlantico
5. West African - Chez Aunty Libe
I purposely left out Ethiopian as I have been to Etete but if nothing else, I'll include it. Same with Thai (Nava Thai), Afghan (Faryab), Spanish (Jaleo) and Middle Eastern (Zaytinya). I have not tried the much talked about Chinese Places like China Star & China Jade but have had a lot of regular chinese fare like PF Changs (If that can be classified as chinese).
I am looking to finalize the places that I mentioned and get about 3-4 more places. If there are some "Make you jump out of your chair", desert places, that'll be great. Two such places for me were Georgetown Cupcakes (This has been greatly debated but I like it) and Dolcezza. For bars, I have been to The PX, PS7, Bar Pilar, The Gibson. I am thinking about trying a more fun, less formal place, maybe with live music or something. Any suggestions - ? Dubliner, 4Ps??
Updated 10 months ago | 3
Updated 10 months ago | 145
Updated 2 years ago | 29
Updated 2 years ago | 13
Updated 8 months ago | 59