Taking advantage of Friday's perfectly gorgeous weather by driving downtown to pay my daughter's condo a visit and grab some decent grub around her ' Liberty Village ' neighbourhood!
Lunch and early dinner at Oretta, King West and Alouette, take-out, Liberty Village.
A few food highlights include:
- The well seasoned, smokey, perfectly charred, light, airy and super crispy dough/dressed Pizza Margherita from Oretta. This must ranked one of the BEST pizza I have eaten anywhere in Toronto, period!.....and I have eaten my fair share!! A totally pleasant surprise!
- Well executed, crispy and juicy fried Artichoke Hearts. Again, seasoning was spot on.
- Crispy shell, light seafood Arancini on a pool of delicious herbed Bechemel sauce.
- Alouette Burger was still superb. Good quality beef cooked slightly pink. Smokey, juicy and flavorful. Tasty condiments and dressing to match.
- Alouette Buttermilk Crispy Fried Chicken Sandwich was the third, and thankfully, the best such sandwich I have eaten this past week! Full of flavor with the right amount of savory and salt level, ultra-crunchy/crispy batter wrapped around a juicy piece of chicken. Again, nice condiments and dressing to compliment the star.
BTW, services at both places were wonderful and super-friendly! Well deserve the extra gratuities afforded to the wait-staff.
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Brianne Garrett | New year, new me. It’s a popular mantra that we all tell ourselves going into a new year—vowing that...
by Gretchen Lidicker | If you want to eat less sugar, finding no-sugar and low sugar breakfast recipes that are both easy...