Cooling stocks quickly


Cookware 5

Cooling stocks quickly

Christo | Apr 5, 2007 04:16 PM

When I was in hotel school, the kitchens had these big (anywhere from 12 - 30" long) hard plastic molds that got filled with water, frozen, then plunged into hot stocks and soups to rapidly cool them down without diluting with melted ice. Has anyone else seen these and if so, what are they called, who makes them, and most importantly, where might I buy one?

Thank you for any help!

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound