Home Cooking 19

What is the name of this cookie?

greygarious | Sep 14, 200906:28 AM

A childhood friend's mother, who was, I think, of Polish descent, use to make cookies with a flower-shaped mold that attached to a handled wand. The mold was dipped into a thin batter, then lowered into hot oil. The cookie released into the oil and was scooped out when golden, then drained and sprinkle with powdered sugar. I don't mean chrusciki/favorka. I came across one of these devices at a flea market but need a recipe.

Want to stay up to date with this post? Sign Up Now ›
Log In or Sign Up to comment

Recommended From CH