Chowhound Presents: Table Talk with Yotam Ottolenghi and Helen Goh of Sweet: Desserts from London's Ottolenghi | Ask Your Questions Now ›

General Discussion


Looking for the name of this common dessert


General Discussion 3

Looking for the name of this common dessert

righter | Nov 27, 2007 07:33 AM

What is the name for the tiny gelatinous cubes often served at restaurants with fancy truffles? They are pretty tiny... slightly smaller than cubed cheese -- about the size of cucumber cubes in an Israeli salad.

They are kind of like crystallized jelly cubes and are generally fruity in flavor. These are often served at fancy restaurants along with a complimentary dessert presentation of small foods (tea cookies, truffles, chocolates, etc). These are *not* Turkish delights, wine gums, or petit fours (some suggestions from others), but I'm pretty sure there's a name more specific than "tiny cubed jellies."

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound