My wife and I travel with a toddler. Last night, in the freezing rain/snow we found ourselves eating at this diner (near the big k and turcos) for the first time. We both spaced on Blooms, and neither of us wanted chinese food. Never again and here's why:
1. At 6pm the restaurant was empty yet we were seated in a booth under the television next to the kitchen door. Several employees were watching a football game.
2. The french fries were luke warm. Some were soggy, some were stale, none were good. In my view, french fries are one reason to go to a diner.
3. The cheese on my daughter's grilled cheese sandwhich was not melted. Another good reason to go to a diner.
4 and 5. My chicken slouvaki came out nearly 10 minutes before my wife's hamburger. It was nothing more than some lettuce wrapped in a pita with some sliced pre-cooked chicken. The sauce was some concoction made out of cottage cheese. Nasty stuff.
6. They did not offer (I had to ask) for juice for my daughter which was supposed to come with her kid's meal.
7. My wife said her hamburger was tasteless, ditto the "free" coleslaw.
8. It took 10 minutes to get a check for $30 for all of this nonsense
9. They never asked my daughter whether she wanted dessert (it also came with the kid's meal).
We have had much better at the inconsistent Mt. Kisco diner--although I can't wholeheartedly recommend that place either. The last time we were there, two waiters nearly came to blows. I see many diners in tha area--are any of them consistently good?