A periodic update on things going on around town includes:
1. the sale and conversion of Shenandoah in Belmont Shores to Smith of Belmont Shores. Talk about a name change!
2. The sale of Il Piccolino in Weho to no less than Silvio DeMori, the former owner of every restaurant, and Eddy Kerkhofs, the former owner of Le Dome, to do a bistro concept.
3. The sale of Real Food Daily in Beverly Hills to Elissa Meadow to open Solar Harvest.
4. The sale of Mi Piace in Burbank to open JJs Diner.
5. The sale and conversion of Le Petit Bistro in Sherman Oaks to Le Petit Restaurant, with similar menu as before but new and better wine list plus a dessert menu to be created by a soon-to-be hired pastry chef.
6. The sale of Masquers Cabaret on 3rd St. to Octopuss! - Not sure where that may be headed!!!
7. The sale of Angelino Cucina in Studio City to Out Take Bistro, to be opened by the former chef at Out Take Cafe, which recently closed.
8. The closing of the Friendship Bar in Santa Monica Canyon with a remodel due to open the Hideout.
More due shortly. Happy Mom's Day