Hi fellow chowhounds,
My husband and I recently moved here from Chicago and are addicted to food and wine. In our 7 years in Chicago we had our favorite French bistro, mexican restaurant, california type restaurant, etc. I have been reading many reviews for the last several months and have finally decided to ask very specific recommendations.
We would love any suggestions on great, reasonaby priced restaurants that we can hit on a Friday night and not have to wait two hours for a seat. Below are the types we are looking for(we live in Newton but are willing to travel for good food!)
- French Bistro (a true french bistro, steak frites, reasonably priced, good table wine etc)
- California/Napa Style Restaurant
- Wine Bar
- Basic Mexican! We've been to the Border and Sol Azteca okay but not great.
- Chinese - We have had a heck of a time finding good Chinese
- Traditional family style Italian outside of Northend
These are the types of restaurants we have been unsuccessful in finding. Any thoughts or insights would truly be appreciated,