Follow us:

Cookware 3

looking for a cheese grater for crumbly cheese

free sample addict aka Tracy L | May 23, 201207:32 PM

My mother had a cheese grater that was basically thin metal rods/wires that criss-crossed in a horizontal and vertical pattern and was attached to a rectangular frame and had a handle. It was great (pun intended) for crumbling softer cheeses. Box graters with larger holes tend to get messy, but with her grater there was less surface space and more edges to grate with. In retrospect, they probably go rid of them because of the potential cutting accidents. if anyone recalls the style of grater please let me know. Is there a specific name for it? Is it still being manufactured? I am not big on having specialized gadgets but this sort of gadget would come in handy. Thanks

Want to stay up to date with this post? Sign Up Now ›

Recommended from Chowhound

Catch up on the latest activity across all community discussions.
View latest discussions