Hi all, I'll be visiting Chicago shortly (my 2nd time) and am looking for a couple great dinner spots. I have some specific criteria, so would appreciate any suggestions you can offer.
- Looking for amazing food (price point, whether cheap or expensive, is not an issue), but in an atmosphere where I will not feel out of place in nice jeans and a nice shirt. I think this probably eliminates several places?
- Tasting menu option would be nice, but not necessary
- Looking for food that's inventive and different from the norm
- Planning to go out to a blues club afterwards (last time really enjoyes B.L.U.E.S. and Buddy Guy's), so would prefer something that's either walking distance to a good blues bar or at least not too expensive to get to by cab
- Would prefer a place that takes reservations or doesn't have huge lineups
That's it! I already have a Thurs night reservation at Frontera. I've looked at some of the places mentioned on this board and a couple stuck out to me: Green Zebra, Mercat, Cafe des Architectes and Publican. Do any of these fit / not fit the bill?