General Discussion

candy question


General Discussion 3

candy question

Pat I. | Jan 15, 2003 02:50 PM

I've had some high-end chocolates lately (the woo hoo chi chi kind -flat squares with the cocoa butter patterns on them). Anyway....

some of them had an amazingly thin, barely discernable crunchy layer inside - of something that I can only guess is some kind of caramel or brittle..maybe so kind of cookie. If anyone knows what this is can you tell me how it is and how I can make it?

Also there's a pre-made french product used in pastry. It's wafer thin almost like a feuille. Chefs like to crumble it and top candy and desserts with it.

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound