I just had a butcher block top installed on my kitchen island. By mistake, the contractor I am working with treated it (drenched it) with mineral spirits (a solvent/paint thinner) instead of food grade mineral oil. I knew something was wrong when I smelled the strong odor and the color of the maple wood did not darker when I had been told it would turn a nice, warmer color. They apologized and said the mineral spirits would evaporate and the butcher block would be fine. I hate to have spent all this money on something that I will now worry about hurting my family. Is there some way to save the top and feel good preparing food on it, or should I replace it?