Not About Food

Cleaning Popcorn

Burnt Popcorn In Microwave-House Still Smells!

Share:

Live your best food life.

Sign up to discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or cookbook in the largest community of knowledgeable food enthusiasts.
Sign Up For Free
Not About Food 17

Burnt Popcorn In Microwave-House Still Smells!

ctflowers | Dec 21, 2007 10:59 AM

I badly burned a bag of microwave popcorn in the microwave three days ago...lots of smoke in the kitchen! Luckily, nothing caught on fire, but my house still smells of burnt popcorn. This is not exactly the "holiday smell" I was going for!

I've completely scrubbed the microwave with baking soda & water, foodsafe disenfectant spray, then I boiled a cup of water with lemon in the micro.

Does anyone have any idea to get the burnt smell out of my house completely? Opening the windows are not an option...it's about 20 degrees outside.

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound