As the subject says, I'm looking at a group of (I guesstimate) 20ish folks for brunch on Sunday.
Here's the scoop:
1. Hotel the group is at is in the French Quarter (near Bourbon and Conti), so something easily accessible via walking, cab, carpool, streetcar, whatever, would be nice.
2. Someplace that can accomodate a group this size for Sunday, August 7 reservations. (I know it's late to be making reservations for a group this size, but the person who said they'd handle it didn't.)
3. Someplace that won't make me put down a deposit and can be a little flexible with me not knowing exact group size - pinning people down for something like this is tough.
4. Would prefer a buffet style since it's easier to accomodate a large group that way, but I've only been finding prix fixe style menus for brunches?
5. Would like the price to be around $20-$30 including tax/tip/drinks.
6. If we could find a place that would do unlimited champagne/mimosas/bloody marys that'd be GREAT - but haven't been finding many? I'm sure people would be willing to pay more for that, even better if it's an optional add-on that people can go for or not.
Here's what I've found so far:
1. Veranda at the Intercontinental Hotel - they don't do buffet brunch again until September (even though their website doesn't say that!) - they will do a la carte, but I'm waiting for a call back for info on pricing, etc.
2. The Columns Hotel - They do a prix fixe for $35/person (with tax and tip included). However, they require you to order all one type of app and dessert for the whole group and choice of only two entrees. They also want specific orders/counts 72 hours in advance. That's not going to work for me.
3. Mr. B's - 3 course prix fixe with price dependent on your entree - mid 20s mostly, so around 30-35 w/tax and tip. No mention of drinks, I'm guessing they're not included and not unlimited champagne.
4. Commander's Palace - too late for a group this size, no availability.
5. Arnaud's - 4 course prix fixe for right around $30 before tax/tip (probably too pricy for this group)
6. Rene's Bistrot - couldn't find any info online, haven't called yet
7. Court of Two Sisters - I'm kind of scared of this because of the overwhelmingly negative feedback for the place on this board. Price is $32/person including tax and tip, but not including champagne, etc. However, they offer a breakfast and lunch buffet, depending on the time of day you go.
8. Cafe Sbisa - they do have an a la carte brunch menu, but no pricing, not sure about availability - haven't called yet.
9. Palace Cafe - they do have a jazz brunch, but no set menu/buffet from what I saw, just an a la carte style.
So, if anyone has any ideas on where we might look to accomodate the group, that'd be fantastic!
Thanks for any help :)
P.S. For those that remember my previous posts looking for dinner spots - we went with Mandina's for the Friday group dinner.
Updated 1 year ago | 17
Updated 1 year ago | 8
Updated 8 months ago | 3
Updated 9 months ago | 2
Updated 2 years ago | 4