We will be in B'ham on Tuesday and looking for lunch. I just found out yesterday and haven't had a chance to muddle through all the threads on here but I thought I'd get the ball rolling by asking where you'd take someone if you wanted to impress them. Mrs. Sippi will be with me.
Here are some guidelines.
- We aren't sure exactly what time lunch will be. I have an 11am apt. and it may take 30 mins or 1 - 2 - 3 hours. So if a places closes after lunch, please advise.
- Ethnic is out. We live in Toronto which is as ethnic as NYC. We get plenty of that stuff up there.
- We're on a bit of a budget. Maybe $30 tops for the two of us.
- I write a food blog (www.davwudsfoodcourt.blogspot.com) and am definitely looking for something blogworthy.
- Local legends and/or regional foods are highly rated by us.
- We're heading in from Huntsville so something along the way may also be in play. We wouldn't want to wait an hour if I finish at 1:30 but if I'm done by 11:30 an hour drive may work.
Thanks in advance. I'll get to looking at threads and start asking questions later today.