i've loved reading this board for years and have gotten some great advice (however this is my first time posting!) NYC food junkie traveling for 4 days to berlin on business next week. I'll be staying in the Mitte and looking for some great recommendations. willing to travel, actually prefer to spend more time in other neighborhoods for eating & drinking. Suggestions would be great for the following:
1) good, moderately priced lunch places - under 20 euro
2) sunday brunch spot - will be there on a sunday, and not working so a great brunch is a must.
3) place to get a perfect schnitzel & beer
4) turkish spot in Kreuzburg
5) sadly i think Prater is closed in Oct, yes? is there a similar place?
6) one spot for a more fancy dinner - no more then 50 euro (food only) - would prefer german cuisine. but will most likely be alone, so a good spot for a solo diner. perhaps a place with a great menu but has bar seating.
Since will only be there for 4 days, i might not hit all the spots i am asking about, but hey, a girl can try!
many many thanks
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 7 months ago | 10
Updated 9 months ago | 12
Updated 11 months ago | 10
Updated 2 years ago | 18