Amidst the mind-boggling array of eating places in CentralWorld, ranging from American fast food places to traditional Thai restaurants, one extremely popular seafood eatery stood out for me - Laem Chareon Seafood Restaurant.
Our dinner earlier this week consisted of:
- Laem Chareon's popular "hor mok pla" (ห่อหมกปลา) - tiny little cups, woven from banana leaves, containing the softest, tastiest spicy fish mousse I'd ever tasted;
- Crab with glass noodles or "Poo Ob Woon Sen" (ปูอบวุ้นเส้น) was deliciously rich here, with the addition of milk;
- Thai fish cakes or "tod man pla" (ทอดมันปลา), not one of my fave dishes, but irresistible to most Thais. Bouncy texture, very spicy here;
- "Gaeng Som" (แกงส้ม) - a very tasty, spicy fish soup, quite a lavish version here containing palm heart & giant fish eggs;
- Crabmeat fried rice. The version here wasn't as tasty as those I'd had elsewhere. Order this dish if you want a carb supplement, else just stick to the seafood dishes, etc.;
- Crispy deep-fried Thai white seabass (ปลาทอด) - oily, but tasty dish nonetheless.
Laem Chareon Seafood restaurant
3rd Floor, CentralWorld (Beacon Zone)
Rama 1 Road (Rajprasong)
Tel: 662-646 1040