I'm a Philly 'hound and almost completely out of touch with the Baltimore dining scene, so I'm at a bit of a loss trying to arrange a dinner for this Saturday night.
- dining time - starting anywhere from 7-8pm (are reservations needed)?
- 3 people including 1 'hound and 2 fledgeling 'hounds
- bonus points for interesting decor (just don't send me to a "theme" restaurant)
- entrees should top out at $20 (i.e. split apps, 1 drink and entree about $35/person inclusive tops). Possible bonus points for BYOB.
- should have a casual dress code, or be "open-minded" as to what it's patrons wear as we will most likely be dressed like a bunch of well polished, yet still in jeans, Gen-Xers :)
- some pretense/trendiness is ok, but extreme snootiness is not!
- neighborhood: Inner Harbor, Fells Point, Mt. Vernon, Canton, Society Hill (?), will travel to Hampden for really good eats
I absolutely adore Sascha's 527, having been there for New Year's a year ago. Great combination of food, prices, decor that's not over the top, but not extremely minimal either (just warm and inviting). I would go there again in a second, but I'm not sure about how it's patrons are dressed on a Saturday night (people were fairly dressed up on New Year's).
Any help is greatly appreciated!