This trip is very much a compromise between me and my fiancé. The first four nights in either Cannes or Saint-Tropez for her...and the next six nights in Provence for me. Recommendations on my proposed itinerary below are greatly appreciated.
Avignon, Bonnieux, or Les Baux de Provence:
After relaxing on the beach in either Cannes or Saint-Tropez, we drive to Provence for 6 nights (Saturday through Friday) and stay either:
• Avignon -- La Marinde, or
• Bonnieux -- Bastide de Capelongue, or
• Lex Baux de Provence -- L'Oustau de Baumanière or La Cabro D'Or.
Dinners - La Beaugravière, Serge Chenet, , Auberge La Fenière, Chez Rabanel, L'Oustau de Baumanière
Wineries - Beaucastel, Chene Bleu, Domaine La Barroche,
lunches/things to do:-
1. L'Oustalet (followed by a walk at Dentelles Montmirail)
2. La Bartavelle (along with a visit to the village of Goult and a walk to the falaise in Lioux)
3. Auberge de la Loube (with a visit to the Fort de Buoux)
4. Auberge du Presbytere in Saignon
5. rent a canoe from Collias to go up to Pont du Gard
6. walk through the Luberon valley (Parc Naturel Regional du Luberon)
7. day trip to Valence for visit to Chapoutier, St Peray hike up to the castle ruins, and dinner at Restaurant Pic
b. Sunday market at L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
c. Friday market in Lourmarin
anything I've missed? anything I've included and should cut?