5 SuggestionsExpand Map
Having not been here in a few years and after seeing much discussed as of late on the boards (though no actual reviews!) I decided to take some clients last night for a holiday meal.
As time does not permit me to, rather than an elaborate play by play as many of you so eloquently regale, some notes:
- Service was right on point
- Most apps were nearly perfectly executed - the mushroom/puff pastry/poached egg choice being the clear winner.
- Great pace of the meal, no feeling of being rushed
- Faint whiff of wood smoke when you arrive, fine - though it only strengthens as the night goes on, and you leave smelling like a camp fire. Clearly a need to address their ventilation system if they want to have open fires on the dining room floor.
- The beef - I ordered their beef main. I cannot recall the exact cut of meat, but surely it should not have been so tough/dry at my desired medium rare request. I wonder who supplies them, someone needs to give them Cumbrae's card.
While I would not rush back, it was a nice meal overall, great company, but I would stick with their Apps in future and perhaps assemble my own tasting menu with 4-5 options.
1591 Bayview Ave
714 Queen St W
4150 Yonge St
1 Benvenuto Pl
330 King St W
4 Front St E
66 Wellington St W
by Anna Hecht | It’s easy to beeline right for the peanut butter cups and frozen food at Trader Joe’s (not to mention...
by Roxanne Webber and Jen Wheeler | Salt is a transformative ingredient (if you're in any doubt of that, see Salt Fat Acid Heat), but...
by Hana Asbrink | Welcome to Chowhound's Table Talk podcast, where Executive Editor Hana Asbrink chats with some of...
by Roxanne Webber | Donald Link is one of New Orleans' best chefs, known for his down-home Cajun cuisine at Cochon and...