My sister in law moved to Atlanta in August with family.
My wife and I are going to Atlanta area this week. (12-22 to 12-27); as you can tell - I am not entirely clear on the name of the area where we will be staying. It is Cobb County, though - I think the the town is Kennesaw. In any case I am looking for recommendations on places to check out while in Hot-lanta...
I have been to Watershed - but that is it. This is my second trip and we have more time. So here are the parameters:
- We are coming from NYC so we don't need white table cloth and we don't NEED "bistro"
- Places between "Atlanta City" and Cobb County/Kennesaw, if any.
- Some decent 'family' places good for a group of chill'un ages 8-12 and NOT chuckEchz
- What is INTERESTING in Atlanta? Sounds like it is NOT the place for BBQ, what about Soul Food? What about seafood? What about immigrant communities and foods? Like real Thai or Central American? or Mexican? or Punjabi - know what I mean?
- Finally, what is THE place that we NEED to go to: given that I am posting this to chowhound and not going to the top of the Zagats list? ;)
(yes - we eat everything and ANYTHING; and can handle up to $100/person at least once if need be)
thanks much, in advance.
For Bonus points:
Any "not-to miss" "gourmet" shopping? districts or stores? farmers markets, crafts fairs, county fairs, etc?