Have you guys been voting? I guess I'm so shocked that the recs are actually good. Good enough that I might actually try some of the places on the lists not usually mentioned on Chowhound.
Here's a handful. Few of them are the top spot in the list. There are CH favorites and a few I threw in there because I never hear about them and wonder if they are good ... Pilsner Inn for beer?
- Memphis Minnie's BBQ
- Canteen, Tartine, Los Jarritos, Boulette's (breakfast)
- Cafe Rouge (burger ... I give up, it MAY be good)
- Bodega Bistro (cheap eats)
- Spices II (Chinese)
- Some interesting choices for coffee houses, many not mentioned on Chowhound. Given the good track record in other categories, I might check these out
- Sketch & Aziza (dessert - ok now I know Morton's voting)
- Interesting Family-freindly choices
- Ditto for first-date spots
- Aquerllo (Italian)
- A few late-nite spots not usually mentioned
- Lolita's Market & Taqueria Petaluma (Mexican)
- A few different outdoor dining places
- Piazzalo (Pizza ... Morton, you have some 'splaining to do ... stuffing the ballot box?)
- Tomasso's (pizza, again, ok. I give up. It's good)
- Chez Panisse (best restaurant ... heh!)
- SF Art Institute Cafe (best view ... been meaning to check this place out.)
- Interesting romatic selections
- Sea Salt (seafood)
- Birk's (steak house)
- Okoze (sushi)
- Thai House Express (Thai)
- Minako (veg-friendly)
- 2223 (brunch)
- Rubicon (wine)
- Interesting bars
- Pilsner Inn (beer)
- Well, there's a long bar/booze section
They weren't all winners, but good enough that I might use the AOL best of list as a starting point if traveling elsewhere ... and then ask on CH if they are any good.
by Alli Hoff Kosik | When it comes to the best baking ingredients, they're not necessarily expensive or hard to find—or...
by Chowhound Editors | Early fall recipes can overlap a lot with late summer dishes; it's a transitional time period, and...
by Amy Schulman | Plucking a cookbook off the shelf is easy. But pulling one that’s guaranteed to bear a recipe that...