You were so helpful for my last extended trip to OH (http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/843211), I thought I'd ask what's new in the area. I scanned through posts leading right up to my old post, but didn't see much.
Anything noteworthy in the Akron area? I don't think we'll be in Cleveland much at all, and based on my research from here, I can rattle off just about the top spots rec'd here. We'll be mostly around the Stow and as far as Atwater areas.
Looking mostly for down-home country-style cooking and local specialties. Stuff I can't get in NYC, which honestly is a pretty high bar (and explains why I'm so eager to visit two chain restaurants in particular).
I'm excited to visit:
- Waffle House (never been! waffles and hash browns all the way?? awesome!)
- Bob Evans (my favorite fast food/casual restaurant)
- Hartville Kitchen for their pies
So far on the agenda:
- Barberton chicken (Belgrade Gardens or Hopocan Gardens?)
- Jeni's, if we can manage to get to a location nearby :(
- probably Swenson's or Skyway for hubs' sentimental reasons
I've heard about the pierogies, but we have a big Eastern Euro population here as well, so we have excellent ones. And pizza... well I don't think I need to explain that one.
Updated 21 days ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 8
Updated 2 years ago | 6
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 1 year ago | 11