So it isn't exactly summer but I was hoping to get some advice on a dinner menu for this weekend. I am having family over and would like to do something that is fun, suitable for the outdoors but also something that won't require a lot of last-minute cooking.
I like to follow themes when I cook so I can't do pasta, I would need to do a Tuscan pasta and round it out with appropriate sides. You know the drill.
Anyway, here are my thoughts. Advise as you are able and feel free to suggest menus I had not considered;
- Kafta Kebab (minced lamb) on the grill with hummus, tabbouleh, Lebanese pickles, pilaf, etc.
- T. Keller's fried chicken with simple salad (maybe a caesar) and Cherry pie (very All-American)
- Bo Ssam from Momofuku (what to serve with it?)
- Fish Tacos (again; how do I round it out?)
- Thai. I want authentic flavors but my family doesn't manage heat well so suggestions please. Satay? Soups? Curries?
Is this enough to go on? What would you serve for an outside meal?
Updated 4 months ago | 22
Updated 12 days ago | 17
Updated 4 months ago | 12
Updated 2 months ago | 4
Updated 23 days ago | 1