Hi All. Am having soooo much fun booking for 17 nights early may in NYC. We are staying UES for 8 nights then Tribeca for 9. Have made the following reservations to date:
- DB Townhouse (first night as close - and after very long flight)
- ABC night 2
- Marea 3
- Buddaken 4 (to mix up the types of food..., and looks like a nice space)
- ?? night 5. Thinking of Le Bernadine
- Annisa 6
- Trying for EMP for our 9th night as is our 20th anniversary
- Bouley booked for 10th night
- Rive Cafe (on the moored boat looking back at Manhattan for night 17 - primarily for the view).
First, are there any of the above I should 'dump'?
Second question is which of the following are 'must visit' and which are must not / prob not - and where am I missing? I currently have 10 slots available - unless I cancel some of the above that is.
- EMP (I looove the cook book and Per Se looks to be madly expensive, not that EMP is cheap)
- Le Bernadine
- Torrisi Specialties - is it really worth the effort to get in? Also, is the Friday - Sunday lunch the same as the dinner menu?
- Blue Hill
- Marc Forgione
- Locanda Verde
- The Modern
- Jojo - too stuffy???
- Il Buco - the main one or the wine bar one???
- Artisnal - for lunch
- Grand Central Oyster - for lunch
- Asiate for lunch. Is it worth it - or too much like a hotel...?
- Peral Oyster. Is this better for lunch or dinner?
- River Park. Are the views worth the food?
- Eately (for a snack and maybe a meal) - but not in the weekend.
I have not covered mexican, persian, indian, latin or chinese as the restaurants just don't seem to stack up against the above choices but am happy to listen.
Will have to do a loooooot of walking in NY, otherwise I'll come home 10kgs...
Thanks in advance. Cheers, Stu