We had a very nice meal at I Ricchi friday night. I am not a big fan but it's my husband's fave italian place in town. So we went.
1. Pulled up and several valets were waiting to whisk away the car. No waiting required.
2. We were greeted pleasantly by 3 people, asked if it was a special occasion, and escorted to a romantic table by the window, per my open table request.
3. Immediately served water (after they asked our pref) and given the wine list.
4. Waiter told us specials and his fave selections. Bread immediately brought with EVOO & Balsamic.
5. Several wait staff were keeping an eye on our table; never had to ask for water or anything. Service outstanding in every way.
6. Food was great: hubby had a delicious porcini mushroom soup; i had riboletta. Both great. Entrees: he had a filet with veggies and shrooms, cooked properly and tasty; i had spaghetti with prawns and a fresh tomato sauce (it was a first course but they happily servied it for my entree and it was HUGE). Dessert: i was stuffed but hubby had tiramisu; i had a bite and it was tasty. We had a nice 2003 brunello which went great with all of our food.
7. When we were finished, the waiter asked if he could have the valet bring our car around; which he did and was waiting in it for us when we came out. NICE!
None, except of course the prices there are pretty astronomical. But if you are going to pay that much, it's nice to get great service and great food. The dining room has always been beautiful but the other 2 areas were lacking in past visits. Dont know what happened to whip them into shape but we'll go back for sure. Just thought the 'hounds would like to know because i've never seen any positive reviews about I Ricchi on here before.