If you’re tired of plain oil and vinegar, Chowhounds suggest trying these easy, flavorful dressings to add interest to salads:
• Soy sauce, rice vinegar, grated ginger, wasabi, and sesame oil. Refrigerate overnight to let the flavors marry.
• Honey mustard dressing: 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons each Dijon mustard and honey, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. It’s particularly good on grilled chicken salad.
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon each hazelnut oil and sherry vinegar, 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix it up an hour ahead so the cheese starts to dissolve. This makes enough dressing for four servings of salad.
• Olive oil with sherry vinegar, mashed anchovies, minced shallots, thyme, a little Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
• Penzeys salad dressing seasonings. The French vinaigrette, Parmesan peppercorn, and green goddess flavors are hound-approved for salads, as well as other dishes that need flavoring, like mashed potatoes.
Board Link: Got a good salad dressing recipe?