Evoo had quite a following in the Somerville location it recently vacated for Cambridge. Bergamot, the new spot in the old Evoo space, had big shoes to fill. Looks like it’s going to work out. The space is largely unchanged from the Evoo days and projects an upscale vibe. The emphasis is on new American food (seasonal, local, and so on) and craft cocktails.
From the sound of board chatter, there’s hardly a clinker on the menu, but here are the dishes specifically called out:
• Roast lamb with trumpet mushrooms, farro risotto, and stinging nettle sauce
• Seared scallops with asparagus
• Guajillo chili chocolate pavé with stout ice cream
• Duck Duck Duck, a trio of duck with a paillard, cured duck, and duck cracklins
• Tuna carpaccio with mango, cashews, and green curry, which Small Plates calls “unreal”
• Pea greens salad with a deep-fried, soft-centered egg on top
• Sole escabeche, vinegary sole with bacon, egg salad, and fava beans
Prix fixe at Bergamot is $39 until 7 p.m. The wine list is reportedly wonderful, and talented bartenders are standing by with quality ingredients.
Bergamot [North of Boston]
118 Beacon Street, Somerville
Discuss: Bergamot Report