“I keep asking myself: why don’t I go to this place more often? I can’t wait to go back,” says snowcone about dinner at Rendezvous, a Cambridge spot that has what Pia calls “wonderful food and cocktails, intimate setting but not so fancy that you feel like you have to dress up.”
Hounds aren’t the only ones who love this underrated spot; Chef Steve Johnson was on this year’s James Beard list of top chefs in the Northeast.
• The mint and cucumber cocktail, an elegant combination of those two ingredients plus lemon, gin, and simple syrup– a perfect summer refresher
• Arugula and escarole salad with shaved fennel, breadcrumbs, and anchovy dressing
• Maine crab cakes with Berber spices and purée of fresh peas
• Toasted orecchiette with pork and veal meatballs
• Roasted chicken with morels, leeks, spinach, and mustard sauce
There are great deals to be had here, too. The Sunday prix fixe menu, a steal at only $38, includes an appetizer, entrée, and dessert. Monday night is also tapas night, with reasonably priced small plates.
502 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge
Discuss: Great meal at Rendezvous