Cambridge's Basta Pasta has a new Quincy location that's been open for about six weeks—long enough to gather some intelligence about what's good and what's not on the menu of pasta, risotto, pizza, and panini. So, what's good?
• Fusilli, which is housemade and has great texture
• Arancini rice balls filled with fontina
• Sautéed calamari with garlic, capers, olives, and tomato sauce
• Housemade butternut squash ravioli with sage butter sauce
• Frutti di mare, with the aforementioned fusilli
• Chicken Parmesan
• Paninis, served on ciabatta instead of greasy focaccia
And not so good?
• The desserts—cannoli and tiramisu—are both average; walk elsewhere in the neighborhood
• Aglio olio is "way too garlicky, even for someone who loves tons of garlic," says winq
• There's no takeout after 5 p.m.
Basta Pasta [South Shore]
150 Hancock Street, Quincy
Discuss: Basta Pasta Quincy Is Open