You may have noticed a few changes at your local Dunkin’ Donuts this week. As of Monday, Dunkin’ removed several items from their menus across the Northeast, and they plan to roll out the scaled-down menu nationwide by March. Lovers of smoothies and toasty, eggless sandwiches will be hit hardest, so stock up while you can!
The complete list of items that will no longer be available is as follows, so pour out a cup of joe out in their honor:
- Turkey Cheddar Bacon Sandwich
- Ham & Cheddar Sandwich
- Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Big N’ Toasted Breakfast Sandwich
- Angus Steak & Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Strawberry Banana and Tropical Mango Smoothies
- Peach, Caramel, and Mocha flavor shots (unsweetened shots, as opposed to Dunkin’s flavor swirls, phew)
- Some optional muffin, bagel and cream cheese selections (a list leaked last summer might give some insight on which varieties will be eliminated)
According to a statement, Dunkin’ Donuts claims the reduced menu will result in “faster, more accurate service and a more consistent consumer experience from store to store.” It will also give the company an opportunity to return to its original mission of providing core breakfast staples, like coffee and donuts, which is probably why you’re visiting DD in the first place.
While some of these items probably won’t be missed very much (What misguided fool is ordering tuna at a chain coffee shop? And might I recommend a therapist for an intervention?), that won’t stop us from mourning those flatbreads though. The veggie, egg white, and cheese ones were especially nourishing for this vegetarian on the go. In the meantime, I guess we’ll stick to those caloric blueberry muffin bombs, or a sesame bagel smothered in cream cheese. Thank god those bad boys aren’t going anywhere. Raise a latte to that!
Header image courtesy of Shutterstock.