Interesting Info about Lactose and Cheese!

Many hard and aged cheeses are virtually lactose free. That’s because most lactose is trapped in the whey, and that’s precisely what’s removed in cheese-making. Hrhboo says that 98% of the lactose is drained off with the whey. The remaining 2% is consumed during fermentation.

This link has excellent information, and a list of acceptable cheese for the lactose intolerant.

And this link has an even longer list of lactose percentages and more good info.

Board Links

Lactose Free Cheeses: Do They Exist?

See more articles
Share this article: