Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Fruit and Buttermilk Tartlets
Sweet Fruit and Nut Cresent Rolls
- 3 cans Pillsbury or any crescent rolls
- 1 jar of plum spread or jam. If you can't fine plum, raspberry will work or your favorite spread or jam. Plum works best for me.
- 1 small granny smith apple diced very fine
- 1 russet pear diced very fine
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans diced or chopped fine
- 1 small container of honey or honey nut cream cheese
- Raisins (Optional) just 1/8 cup dice if anything chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (warmed up)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of lemon juice (just enough) to moisten the sugar for a glaze
- Additional crushed pecans for a garnish 1 cup
I’m sure this has been done before … However this is my take and I love it. This has been a standby for years. My mom used to make it with pie crust but no I either use crescent rolls or buy some pre made pie crust for a 15 minute desert.
However … if I am making a pie which I do … I save left over for this desert.
They are small bite size easy and quick desert which is simple and sweet. I love this rather than a heavy desert.
I use a store bought plum spread (by the jams and jellies), crescent rolls, chopped nuts. cheese and fresh fruits of the season. Top with a little lemon, honey and confectionaries sugar for a light sweet glaze.
- 1Cut your apples, pears, and mix with the lemon and nuts. Mix all in a small bowl and microwave for 2 minutes on medium high just to soften the fruit. Add the chopped raisins and cook another minutes. Add the lemon, and nuts and mix and set aside. You don’t want “mush,” but you do want to lightly soften the fruit. Cool before adding to the rolls.
- 2Roll out the crescent rolls like the directions suggest. Spread a thin layer of the room temp cream cheese on the crescent roll and then top with some of the fruit mixture not too much toward one end. Then roll to make the crescent roll. Brush with the warmed honey.
- 3Bake according to the crescent roll directions on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 4In a small bowl all the lemon juice and powdered sugar. Mix to make a nice glaze. Once the rolls are cool, drizzle with the glaze and top with extra chopped nuts. You can serve these whole are cut in half for a small bite.
- 5And ENJOY!!