Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Warm Deviled Eggs
BBQ Deviled Ham & Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled, halved and yolks removed
- 1 cup good quality ham - ground (I like honey baked)
- 7 TBSP celery - small dice - divided
- 4 TBSP mayonnaise - divided
- 6 TBSP KC MASTERPIECE BBQ Sauce - divided (I used Original)
- 4 tsp. prepared horseradish - drained and divided
- 3 TBSP. pickle relish, drained
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 12 flat parsley leaves or 1-2 TBSP chopped parsley
I love ham and eggs so I adapted that idea for a great tailgate dish. Easy to make, easy to transport and really easy to eat.
- 1Eggs: Place eggs in cold water in large pot. Bring water to a boil. Turn off heat, cover and let sit for 18 minutes. Drain and cover with cold water. Let sit another 18 minutes, Drain and peel.
- 2Ham Salad: In a medium bowl – Combine the ground ham, 4 TBSP dice celery, pickle relish, 1 TBSP. mayonnaise, 3 TBSP. KC BBQ Sauce, 2 tsp. drained horseradish. Mix well. This can be made 1 -2 days ahead
- 3Egg Filling: In a medium bowl Mash the egg yolks well, add 3 TBSP. mayonnaise, 3 TBSP. KC BBQ Sauce, 2 tsp. drained horseradish, the salt and pepper. Combine well. This can also be made 1-2 days ahead. If making ahead store the egg white halves on paper towels in a storage container. Refrigerate all components.
- 4Fill the crater of the egg with the egg filling and level it off. Top with a generous TBSP. of the ham salad. Top with a parsley leaf or a little of the chopped parsley.