Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Pasta with Artichoke Pesto
Hot Crab Dip
Artichoke and Crab Dip
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 (6-ounce) cans crabmeat, drained and picked over
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke bottoms, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Crackers, for serving
This is one of those sinfully rich hot dips that you serve when you’re feeling retro. If you can find fresh crabmeat, go ahead and use it. But I have to tell you that canned is fine for this.
- 1Heat oven to 350°F and butter a 12-inch gratin dish or a low-sided casserole.
- 2Stir mayo, sour cream, curry powder, and dill together in a medium bowl. Add the crabmeat and artichokes and mix thoroughly. Scrape into the gratin dish and smooth the top. Strew with the almonds. You can prep this early in the day and keep the dip covered in the refrigerator.
- 3Bake the dip for about 20 minutes (longer if it’s been refrigerated), until hot and bubbling around the edges. Serve it right away, with a stack of crackers and a spoon.
Beverage pairing: Donabaum Grüner Veltliner “Johann,” Austria. Grüner’s grassiness always complements artichokes, while the minerality and pepper in this one will also beautifully complement the crab.