So, my mom wants to take me, my sister, and my girlfriend out to dinner (yeah!). She wants "a unique and amazing yummy food experience that would provide us with a memorable evening together in NYC." She has previously eaten at EMP, Corton, Blue Hill, GT, and Blue Hill at Stone Barns and so we need someplace new for her. Even though those places are all very different, she enjoyed each one.
(1) where in the city doesn't matter
(2) my sister is a vegetarian (will eat seafood) so it has to be vegetarian friendly
(3) premium on service as this will be our last meal as a family in New York for many years and I would hate to have it ruined by the service.
(4) cost is not a primary concern. that said, she suggested per se and I just am not comfortable having her pay that much for dinner. i would like to keep it under $250/person all in (though none of us are big drinkers and so much of that will go to food costs).
(5) wont happen until June or July so we have time to make a reservation anywhere
I was thinking maybe the a la carte option at Daniel, but would very much like other suggestions.
Thanks for the help.
75 Washington Place, New York, NY 10011
239 West Broadway, New York, NY 10013