We'll be driving and will have a car, so transportation will not be an issue. We haven't decided where we are staying yet. Only going to be in town for 3 days, but want to do a few things. We'll most likely be grazing, trying this and that but will also want to have one nice sit down meal (without fois gras).
1. Good brasserie
2. Eat great montreal smoked meat or corned beef/pastrami - Schwartz's: good still or just for the experience
3. Great poutine (non-chain).
4. Bring home bagels or other Montreal goodies for foodie friends. Open to ideas; will have a cooler!
5. Visit a few markets. I've been learning about all the grocery stores but just heard about Vrac en Folie, what is it?
6. Looking for great Italian/Spanish imported grocers.
In addition, I am looking to buy 95% alcohol to make limoncello at home. You can't purchase it in most states, only 75%. I understand the SAQ (?) is the government run liquor store; would they have it.
In general for comparison points, would one say Montreal has more choice and is more reasonable in price than Toronto for specialty imported food items?